- RT @mikejwhiting: More good news involving students at Canterbury College canterburytimes.co.uk/Canterbury-Col… 1 week ago
- RT @matthancockmp: Now no excuse for schools & colleges not to engage local employers - and no excuse for employers not to get engaged http… 1 week ago
- RT @MiriamCsTravels: Britney from Glee unicorn metaphor. Adore it. #nusnc14 1 week ago
- RT @toni_pearce: @ButlerC1994 is an amazing candidate from FE who will absolutely stand up for disabled students #nusnc14 1 week ago
- RT @rachellybee: . @ButlerC1994 is really, really great. #nusnc14 1 week ago
See who’s running in the election.
Coming back to College next year?
Looking for something new to do?
Want to get involved with how the College runs?
Fancy £150 of free trips + loads of free training?
If you’ve ever fancied wearing a SU hoodie and being part of the team who run the Students’ Union, now is the time to step up and get involved!
Every year 10 students are voted to become the team who decided what trips we run, what the college needs to know and what events happen throughout the term.
Its an amazing experience for these lucky few and now is your chance!
These are the positions you could run for:
- Vice President
- Higher Education Officer
- Liberation Officer
- Welfare Officer
- Events Officer x2 (2 positions)
- Design Officer
- Social Media Officer
- Finance Officer
To nominate yourself use this form
TV Presenter Sophie Morgan is embarking on a speaking tour of the UK to encourage young people to prepare properly for life out on the road and not make the same mistakes she did.
In 2003, Sophie was involved in a serious car crash driving friends back from an A-Level results celebration, she was sober, seat-belted and only 18 at the time.
In the crash Sophie fractured her skull, shattered her nose, cheek and jaw and broke her collarbone. She also had a spinal cord injury, which means she is paralysed from the chest down.
Last year Sophie filmed a documentary for the BBC – Licence to Kill and now together with BBC Learning and Drive iQ she will be touring the UK.
Sophie will be at the College in the main hall tomorrow delivering 2 x 1 hour sessions in the Main Hall at 10:00 and 11:15.
Students can just show up.
Next week we will have Class Rep meetings happening each day, If you are in College please attend. Each one will give you a chance to speak to Managers of the College about the issues that affect you and your fellow students.
Each meeting will take place at 12-2pm and a subway lunch will be provided. You can book the session you wish to attend through the enrichment booking system.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday will take place in the FG01, and Wednesday will be a Mental Health themed meeting in the Main Hall.
After the week has taken place the SU will compile an action report of the outcomes from each meeting so that we can make sure changes take place.
Any questions just contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or use Facebook.